WORDS Lindi Brownell Meiring
Held in conjunction with the World Architecture Festival in Berlin from 15 – 17 November 2017, the INSIDE World Festival of Interiors has announced the winner’s of this year’s stand-out interior design projects from across the globe.
This year, the overall award for World Interior of the Year went to Fabricwood, a 20-metre-high plywood structure inside the XTRA flagship store in Singapore, designed by PRODUCE Workshop.
Below, in no particular order are the remaining category winners for 2017.
- Retail – ROU by T HAM Concept Store, Taipei, Taiwan (WZWX Architecture Group)
- Health & Education – Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal, Montréal, Canada (CannonDesign + NEUF architect(e)s)
- Offices – Airbnb European Headquarters, Dublin, Ireland (Heneghan Peng Architects)
- Bars & Restaurants – Big Small Coffee and Guestroom, Beijing, China (Office AIO)
- Civic, Culture & Transport – Mary Rose Museum, Portsmouth, United Kingdom (Perkins+Will)
- Residential – Cleveland Rooftop, Sydney, Australia (SJB)
- Creative Re-use – The Garage: Beijing B+ Automobile Service Center, Beijing, China (Neri&Hu Design and Research Office)
- Hotels: Ir-On Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand (Hypothesis)
- Display: Fabricwood, Singapore (PRODUCE Workshop)